May 10, 2001

I wish Blogger would update when people actually post! I go for days at a time thinking nobody's updated and then I come into the portal and there are like 100 new posts.

DAMN YOU BLOGGER.

M1: In Melbourne it was pretty pitiful. The organisers of the M1 alliance (one interest group of which was the "We Want More Hugs" movement) had expected upwards of 20,000 people to turn out, but in reality only 5 000 or so did. There were probably more policeman than protestors, which is quite funny. They had to board up the Nike stored downtown, and McDonalds restaurants were heavily defaced. Interestingly, media footage is being used to identify those who cost a lot of shops thousands of dollars damage, and they will be prosecuted. And so they should be, I think. I hate it when people think that their actions will not have consequences.

Vin and Han, I agree - nothing was achieved. I think 2 million dollars was lost in trade, because shops were advised to not open on that day. I couldn't get to uni because of the threat of potential violence, and I didn't want to get myself caught up in that.

People pretending to know : At the time, I was really pissed off and probably writing something fueled by rage, which is why I made the somewhat radical statement that you can't understand something until you've experienced it. It was sparked by someone saying "if someone says something racist to you, you should just shrug it off. The person was probably stupid anyway." What bothers me is that people still subscribe to racist ways of thought, not so much that people are racist towards me personally.

Vegetarianism : Yesterday, for the first time in a week I ate meat. Today I woke up feeling really seedy like I had a hangover, so I've decided that the vegetarian way of eating is right for me. I eat a lot of mushrooms now, and I've read that it's an excellent meat substitute. So let's see how that goes! And I've decided to go easy on the exercise because I don't eat well enough yet to have such a rigorous work out regimen.

Music Video Idea : I don't know quite what to think of it. It sounds really fucking violent though. Sometimes I worry about you Meekz! Btw, are you going to be in the States or Malaysia for your birthday?

Reality TV Shows : Could you be on something like Big Brother? I reckon I'd be one of the first to go.

Mother's Day: It's Mother's Day next Sunday! Yay mums! Don't know quite what to do for mine yet. I don't think I could possible do anything big enough to thank my mum for all that she's done for me. What do you do for a woman who kept you in her body for 9 months? (In my case, 9 months and two weeks, heheeh). Every year I get older I feel like I should do something bigger and better for her.

Summer in Malaysia : I don't think I'll be going. One, I have a really strange history and classics exam timetable. Two, my dad doesn't seem to eager to have my sister and myself cramp his style for a week or two. HARSH statement to make, but dammit that's the way it feels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home