July 10, 2003

A ha! Thanks for clarifying that for me Vin. The grading system at my university is also on a first/high or low second/third/pass/fail, but it's different at most other universities here. For the completion of a degree, however, our system is a little different - you don't get ranked first/second class etc until after you've completed an honours thesis (a 4th year), where you need a low second class average to be admitted. If you only complete the three years, then it's a 'pass degree'. My average is hovering between a high second class/low first class, so if I don't buckle and complete the honours thesis (only 16,000 words, but on what subject in international relations?), I'm looking at a LLB and a concurrent diploma of languages at either Monash (where Shehraz is), Uni of Adelaide (where Nish and Avhan are) or at the Australian National University in Canberra. I'm not sure where a B.A. majoring in political science (international relations) and english is going to get me. An LLB is another three years of study, but the benefits of taking one at any of those universities would be outstanding (all are excellent universities with great law programmes, as far as I can tell by my research). Or I could just stick out the honours year and go into a Ph.D in poli sci the year after next. The foreign service looks appealing. It would be kind of neat to live close to Nish and Avhan in Adelaide. Hehe. I would be so drunk.

Or maybe I should put education on hold and get a job. *gasp*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home