September 09, 2003

I've sent a letter to the principal of the university asking him if I can study the course for credit, only I would be reading and writing the essays in Malaysia. I haven't told my parents, I would naturally have to tell my dad soon if he's going to pay for it. If the principal doesn't let me study the course, I'm going to go back to England in a couple of years.

I am writing this entry in my mom's flat in Damansara Jaya. I'm certain about one thing. I am finished with classrooms, writing chairs, studying, etc. I want to write but I don't know what I want to write about. A degree may open doors for me, to larger sums of money, to larger portions of respectability I haven't previously enjoyed. But there is always some other way of looking at this. I don't feel bad because I don't hold a degree, if I'm not permitted to study this last course, the last three years are not a waste. Employers will just have to make a judgment of character without any help.

It's funny you mentioned the poems page of my PirateHan page because I recently surfed onto the thing myself. I like the Steve King series myself, the one by Riccardo is dark which maybe reflects his distaste for writing a poem. Yan's poem is strangely beautiful, she should write more often. That "I masturbate" poem comes back to me like every six months (not a statement to be read into).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home