June 21, 2001

Smoking. A hot topic for us all.

I don't know if I can classify myself as a real smoker. I remember my first cigarette (with Alleena Abdullah). It was at TGIF on Jalan Sultan Ismail, and I was sixteen. We were sitting at the bar, having a few drinks, and I said 'fuck it, give me a smoke.' Up until then I was MILITANTLY anti-smoking, mainly because my parents were both ex-smokers (my mother quit for 8 years, then started again). Now I have a smoke maybe once a week. If I go out, I probably smoke around 10 a week. I go for weeks and weeks without smoking (and without withdrawal mania), and then I'll have one, and it will be sweet.

I USED to be a full on smoker. I'm talking half a pack a day - mainly because I was really bored, the cigarettes were cheap, and I LOVED to smoke. I still do, quite honestly, but I don't have the psychological/physical dependency that I once did.

Writing about this has actually made me want to smoke. I haven't in a week.

Le sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home