February 15, 2002

the type is so small on the screen it looked like you "took a 2 hour rap", which I thought unsurprising coming from meeks, there are raps and then there are raps, but a 2 hour one is exceptional, I couldn't think of anything at that point, so I began reading the fine print a little better and I realised it actually said, "two hour nap". "So fine then", I said, so rap is bad, is it? I really couldnt quite figure it out, one has to dig deep into these things to realise what is really being said, I like rap myself; there, a shred of me is on the examination table, a shred, I am naked as the day I was born. hallelujah. Write me an ending mr spielberg, to contain my obsequities, I am naked. Ultimately, a rap that is 2 hours must be exceptionally good, freestyle comes to mind, ooooh I need to hear some freestyle. Is this freestyle? certainly not, rap is performative, it is also poetic. Also, if you may recall there are actual literary distinctions of a "cluttered sentence" where meaning is contorted to the degree that is is considered no longer pleasant, prose makes this distinction, poetry liberally conforms to this. Rap is nothing academic, it is personal, yet it is public. Ah the irony, oh the nakedness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home