April 12, 2003

That's what I was wondering about, M.C. Vin - issues of enforcing international law, bleh blah etc. 'illegalness' and stuff. Is that a word? AYA!!

I am excited now - I am taking an international human rights course next semester (final year before honours. Someone decide on a thesis topic for me please)! Your professer has whet my appetite. There was a debate recently at the Melbourne Town Hall where a professor of law from uni, Gillian Triggs, talked on the legalities of this Iraqi war (she is Co-Director of the Institute of Comparative and International Law).

The war is over? I know there has been some debate over who is going to 'organise' Iraq now that most major cities seem to have been won over by the might of America's (and, in much smaller font, Britain's) enormous war penis. The UN? America? Adam Sandler?

Aside. Not one Australian, aside from a journalist, was killed during this war. Which leads me to believe that it was a waste of time being there, and Bush was giving us busy work because Howards is a major kiss arse. He also wants Australia to be his 'deputy sherrif' (Howard's words, not mine) in the Asia-Pacific region. Like Australia has any weight in international matters compared to Pakistan/India/Japan/China/North Korea. Good golly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home