July 14, 2003

There was a time we watched Lethal Weapon 4 in a huge group, with Juan, Imran, Johan, incredibly large, and we sat at San Francisco Coffee together. I realised that I wasn't talking and that no one was talking to me, that people thought I was angry. The more signs I noticed, people avoiding my eyesight, straight out ignoring me, the more angry I got. If everyone in the room thinks your drunk, lie down.
I saw the skinny one on saturday, we went to the Royal Academy of Arts and glimpsed two exhibitions. The summer exhibition of RAA luminaries and an exhibition of a German expressionist named Kirschner. The summer exhibition had assorted things like sculptures and paintings. The sculptures were interesting, they stood out, a kitsch plastic crucifix, an elephant with a rabbit riding on top of it. There were alot of paintings. The one of those I enjoyed were as follows - "Dream Garden", a giclee (?) print that I think was two photographs developed onto one piece of paper to give the appearance of a shimmering image. What you think is the sky is in fact also the faded image of a garden wall. I am reading Premoedya Ananta Toer's "The Earth of Mankind", as if Dickens was in Java.
Listening to Blackalicious and Mos Def recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home