September 28, 2003

Someone needs to consolidate all these fucking Instant Messaging clients. I liked it better when ICQ slowed my computer enough to outrun dumb animals. I am reading a shocking book right now called The Human Stain. Or have I only just recently joined the human race and everyone knows this is a very good book. Through very simple set pieces, the author throws echoes all around the book and meaning seems to build itself up Everything seems so carefully put together. If you read this book, I think it is difficult not to consider the complex problems this book addresses like this complete aversion to offend anyone with your opinions. The politically correct revolution. It's in the tradition of The Great American Novel, in that it overturns the fabric of the American lifestyle analogous to the Great Gatsby.

It's an important book about how we camouflage freedom with idealogy. About how we mistake politics and power games for the human condition. I think people should read this book.

Blazes, I almost forgot to mention the author: Phillip Roth. He's approaching 50 or so books and still going strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home