July 08, 2001

How did the recording go, Meekz?

And now a quotation for you all. One of the things that brings us together is that we are all readers and have an appreciation for the written word. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this webpage together! Anyway, here it is.

"I was in Nashville, Tennesee last year, after the show I went to a Waffle House, I'm not proud of it, I was hungry. And I'm alone, I'm eating and I'm reading a book, right? Waitress walks over to me, "Tch tch tch tch. Hey, what you readin' for?" Is that like the weirdest fucking question you've ever heard? Not what am I reading, but what am I reading for. Well, godammit, you stumped me. Why do I read? Well... hmmm... I guess I read for a lot of reasons, and the main one is so I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress."

-Bill Hicks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home