November 02, 2001

I'm going to make a new website because it pisses me off that I can't look at my site. Posterity held constant, I like to look at my bland site and think people appreciate the bitch. Had a colonial writing lecture today which felt like a concussion. I hate it when the lecturer reads off of a sheet of paper, equals no charisma and flat subject matter.

So I've been watching more TV, Soderbergh's The Limey is on TV on monday!!! Good shit. Also there is a bunch of 60s Argentinian sexploitation films on late on saturday nights. I'm a thrill escape junkie that loves to experience the non-experience.

hugpunch - to hug and punch someone at the same time

Last night I read about Olsen's (dunno his first name) theory of breath. Or maybe it was Kerouac that came up with it, anyways, its what Alan Ginsberg uses to write his many early poems like Howl and Kaddish, that the measure of a poems line is as long as the poems breath. Symbolic relevance that I can't hope to reproduce here. In relation to the the tight structures of meter and rhyme, specifically counting syllables unstressed or stressed, etc. It liberates (thought of a word, liberature, hehe - fucked up) the thought from formal constraints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home