October 09, 2002

I'll be around the place, Joli. I haven't decided what I'll be doing in the cold, winter months, but a certainty is I won't be returning to Malaysia quite yet. So I'll be in the UK, meaning I can probably see you in Ireland.

I'm in the middle of The Road to Wigan Pier, Orwell's third book, and I love the mix of journalism and cynacism in his writing. I'm also reading Harold Bloom's "How to Read and Why" and having bought a couple Granta magazines as well, I fully intend on reading them short stories, there's even an edition on Australia where Howard Jacobsen describes being likened to Christ then a poofter, then of stealing their womyn, "it was not the first time I had been called both the saviour and a sodomite", hehe. You Australians and your australian sensibilities. ach! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home