January 14, 2001

I finally quit smoking - after smoking pretty much regularly since the beginning of 12th grade (mid 1998) I am no longer a smoker! It has now been 12 days since my last cigarette, and let me say this now: Oh sweet tobacco how I MISS you! I am nothing without your rat poisony goodness. NOTHING!

So yes, you could say, I still have the urges. It's a tough habit to kick - some say tougher than a heroin addiction. I don't wish that I'd never started it, because me and my cigarettes ... we went places, man. We did stuff together. Sitting around on my hill, outside the cyber cafe, after sex ... we were buds. It's like cutting off a relationship that you REALLY enjoy and where you're REALLY satisfied, but you know ultimately it's unhealthy.

As I have now joined the whiney, preachy 'non smoker' side of the fence, I am going to try to be one of the good guys. I'm not going to yell at you if you light up around me, or you blow smoke in my face. If you want to smoke, that's your decision. I'm not going to tell you that it's no good for you, because I don't want to be all hypocritical.

And I REALLY miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home