November 02, 2001

An expressions I particularly enjoyed from Vin's response: "orgy of strangeness."

I just took a year of medieval history ie. why things are secular blah blah blah. I don't know if the church and the state are reconcilable, and a few months ago I would have said "who gives a fuck" but obviously it is of some importance now. Who do you pledge allegiance to - your country or your religion? I can't even conceive of having to make such a decision being totally disassociated from any form of organised religion (this is what happens when your father is a Muslim, your mother is a Roman Catholic, both are entirely too religious, and you go to the pub nearly every day). Who is more important? WHAT is more important - having welfare to back you up if you fall on hard times, or living a shithouse life in the belief you'll be rewarded and then having nothing?

I don't understand religion. I don't care if religion is misogynistic, whatever, I just don't get it. I don't know what the appeal is, I try to believe in God but I can't, I've tried going to church and have fallen asleep and made loud grunting noises. I remember being five years old and telling my mother that I didn't think there was any such thing as God. I remember my mother having a car accident the ONE SUNDAY I didn't go to church as a youngster, and thinking to myself that if there was a God, I didn't care to believe in one that would be so vengeful.

The concept of the 'hugpunch' blows my fucking mind. It really does.

Yes, Han: I can never get to your site. Every day I try and every day I fail. Geocities, although it has a bad reputation, is very reliable. I think it is a good idea to start up another.

I think it may have been Kerouac.

I am not making sense because it is 1.30am and I must sleep.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home