March 02, 2002

I know there are a lot of tools in undergrad law, but I think at any reputable university the knobs outweigh the cool people irrespective of faculty. This is what I see at my school anyway. Maybe I should do law as a postgrad degree, where people have made the decision themselves to study law, and aren't doing it because mummy and daddy said they should.* Starting 2004. If I'm not completely sick and tired of university at that point. I realised that international law at a point would probably be more like politics, which is probably why I find it appealing.

At the university I go to, I certainly wouldn't get up to anything vaguely interesting until probably the third (and final) year of the degree. That's the year when you can choose electives - the first two years are pretty basic, introductory and scrotum twistingly DRY. The only reason I know this is because I know a shitload of people doing law at uni (and as I said before, 60% of the people at school are pretentious twats. I don't know what it is about extremely intelligent people, but a lot of them are compelled to be rude/insanely competitive/shallow/vapid. That's not really fair though - the ones that aren't bastards are fucking cool).

ANYWAY. It was just a thought. I probably won't end up doing it because I don't relish the idea of being in university until I'm 27 fucking years old.

(*I'm not saying this is reason why you do undergrad law, Vin. I know you're a lot more mature than these people).

The name Mark Aspinwall sounds vaguely familiar. I think I've heard him mentioned in relation to your university, actually. Or maybe I am imagining things because it is unseasonably cold here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home