April 18, 2003

Vinny give me a call, I've gone and lost your phone number again.

Iraq is probably a no man's land after the extensive bombing of fuck all. A pundit in the Independent categorised Iraq as a "society". I think there are misconceptions about what Iraq "is".

In the west, society is overtly sectarian and that view is inseperable from the catholic faith. But an overtly religious society, is typically authoritarian. But certainly the western civilization doesn't live in a state of authoritarianism, we have the burden of choice.

Iraq is a regime. There are gulags that hide mass graves of kurdish people. Saddam is a monster who has to be ousted. Infrastructure is so weak, the US should be sired with the rebuilding.

I don't like it one bit. Selfishly speaking, I'm slowly navigating several trains of thought. One about narrative technique in the representation of the Holocaust.

I was thinking of coming up to Durham either sunday or monday. Give a day, you Madrasite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home