March 14, 2004

There was no joke. The conversation we were having had to do with letting our friends down when we need them. He pulled some strings he shouldn't have and I snapped at him.

When I'm bored I try to figure out something to do that I've never done before. Sunday night I attended a jazz concert with my mom. The concert gave her alot of food for thought and in hearing her thoughts about it, I'm beginning to understand what it's like to be my mother. She uses the words "harsh" and "abrupt" as pejoratives. She is very set in her opinions especially about music, opinions she has been developing over the past 10 years. She holds religion close to her, even though many of its unsavoury aspects stare her in the face. She thinks salvation comes through picking the right deity. In her parlance, the word "right" doesn't exist in the previous sentence. At the moment, she is the only person unafraid to slap me on the wrist.

Of course, the internal logic, given she is my mother, of the previous sentence is self-evident. I unexpectedly gave up my weekend to meditate the relationship with my mother and came to a new understanding.

Vin with shitty dialup I just go onto the internet to surf. It took over 10 seconds to load the Yahoo! Mail welcome screen. I perform my daily ablutions in 10 seconds.

We need crazy pics from the people with cameras (meeks creature and Joli). I thought of a fun one, that doesn't translate well into words. You take a picture at a row of public phones holding one receiver to each ear. How is that? I dare you two to make that uncrazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home