January 23, 2001

I'm glad we're all grappling with all our little idiosyncracies here. Sorry for being a wet towel but is there anything more pressing, urging, titillating going on with you guys? This is the most exciting times of our lives, the initial jolt of freedom is almost heroin (no I haven't tried it). Leaving the country of our childhood vindicates us of the pettiness and the fixed focus we brought to our lives and scales back the magnification of the microscope. The world is no longer "just us", it's bigger than us and it doesn't care about us. But we don't care about the world, because it turns like a tire down some densely inhabited forest area.

This is the instant gratification generation and we are gifted with the rare ability to question our reality on a regular basis, while the other cattle mulch and accept whatever was crammed down their throats.

I have this feeling, it's rampantly optimistic, and it's like the scene in the matrix where Morpheus and Neo change the program from the sidewalk to the skyscraper (where morpheus jumps over and Keanu just falls). So the transition is what I'm feeling like... like the ground is falling away from me. This is my reality. Though the world imposes reality that may be skewed, I am attentive to a degree. But my reality is what I choose.

I'm content, but I'm comfortable. I'm sedate but I'm satisfied.
I use alliteration in excess.

Anyways. screw it. Right whatever, it's not my intention to tell what people SHOULD write about... I only felt there was a lack of something... then I tried to articulate the feeling I thought should be expressed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home