January 24, 2001



I've always had a fairly broad perspective because from my a young age my parents took my sister and myself travelling. Both of them were immigrants, and were fortunate and hard working enough to have the means to take my sister and myself all over the world. I also have parents from two vastly different cultural backgrounds. I've always seen the world as bigger than me, and bigger than Melbourne or even Australia, because I've always known that my great grandmother was living in Budapest, and my mother's youngest sister was living on a remote island in the Pacific. I've always been terribly aware of where I came from and how lucky I am to have what I do. I think that travelling has as much to do with perspective as education and particular situations do. Vin, you say that you're not as well travelled as some of us may be, but you're still very well travelled.

One thing I think everyone should do is READ. And you can always pick the readers from the non-readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home